Zum Inhalt springen
P2: Milestones second funding period
P2 magnetic spectrometer
- Design, construction, installation and commissioning of the magnetic support, scattering chamber and other components.
- Full Monte Carlo simulation of magnetic spectrometer and integrating detector set-up including radiative corrections.
- Installation of the integrating read-out electronics.
Development of highest-precision polarimetry
- Calibration of the double scattering polarimeter.
- Consistency checks at the 0.5 % level.
- Commissioning of the Hydro-Møller 8 T solenoid with 0.3 K supra-fluid Helium film.
Tracking system for determination of the momentum transfer Q2 with the P2 magnetic spectrometer
- Development of a track finding and fitting algorithm optimized for the P2 tracker.
- Optimization for fast reconstruction of millions of tracks per second.
- Preparation of the average Q2 measurement using simulated data including a first estimation of systematic errors.
Theoretical work necessary for the interpretation of the measurements
- Calculation of dominating two-loop and two-photon corrections for the parity-violating asymmetry.
- Complete Monte Carlo simulation program providing photonic corrections at the required precision.