- Take a train (EC, ICE, IC, RE, RB or S8) to Mainz. There are several train stations in Mainz. Be sure to get off at the main train station Mainz Hauptbahnhof.
- Duration: 30-40 minutes
- Ticket price: 4-8 € (depending on the train)
- For schedule information see Deutsche Bahn
Frankfurt-Hahn Airport (Hunsrück)
- Bus transfer to Mainz main station: ORN from terminal 3 (leaves Frankfurt-Hahn every 3 hours)
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Ticket price: approx. 10 €
- For schedule information see ORN
Car route from Frankfurt-Hahn to Mainz:
- Take highway B 50 to get to highway A 61.
- Take the on-ramp "Rheinböllen" in the direction of "Ludwighafen".
- At "Dreieck Nahetal" change to Autobahn A 60 in the direction of Mainz.
- Exit highway A 60 at the exit sign "Saarstraße".